Thread: Comrie anyone?
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Matt13

vCash: 500
This article backs up more of my speculation then others.

http://proicehockey.about.com/cs/nhl...mrie_trade.htm

Quote:
Comrie is a restricted free agent without a contract, and has not played a game this year. Last week, it was reported that the Oilers agreed to trade his rights to Anaheim. Edmonton would have received junior forward Corey Perry and one or two first-round draft picks (depending on which version you believe). The deal was scuttled when Lowe demanded that Comrie make a cash payment to the Oilers to complete the deal.

At that point, the contract stalemate obviously turned personal.
Cash payment? Ever heard of that before?

Quote:
Philadelphia currently has Jeremy Roenick, Keith Primeau and Michal Handzus listed as centermen, and just recalled Patrick Sharp from the minors to fill out the position. Claude Lapointe, the nominal fourth-line center, left the team in early December to begin treatment in the NHL's substance abuse program. No date has been set for his return.

Also

http://www.breakawaymonthly.com/nhl.html

Quote:
Those injury problems we talked about last month? Yeah, it’s gotten worse.

The Philadelphia Flyers have suffered enough serious injuries in a three- week stretch that it caused a series of more personnel moves by general manager Bob Clarke.

This month’s injury woes started with Robert Esche who had all taken over the number job from Jeff Hackett. He suffered a grade two sprain to the MCL of his left knee in a 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

That precipitated Trader Bob’s first major move of the month at the All Star Break, sending center Mike Comrie to the Phoenix Coyotes for goaltender Sean Burke, right winger Branko Radivojevic, and the rights to unsigned forward prospect Ben Eager.

Ironically the reason for sending Comrie away after such a short stint was that the Flyers had enough center depth with the return of Claude Lapointe and the emergence of Patrick Sharp.

I feel like jt now. I'm going to go take a shower.

Last edited by Matt13: 08-04-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote