Worst Hockey List Ever
View Single Post
08-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by
A couple of others I would have mentioned:
- The Roy-Tremblay fiasco in '96
- Totally agree on the Hunter-Turgeon thing in '93. How can he mention the other two and forget Turgeon (which is arguably worse considering that it was in the playoffs to the Isle's best player as opposed to Brashear and Moore in the regular season).
- Chris Chelios threatening the life of Gary Bettman during labour negotiations.
- Go ahead and pick a Jeremy Roenek or Brett Hull moment of your choice.
- Our favourite nut Mike Danton
You know, just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are much better examples out there
You can criticize any of those moments because they're Americans (Hunter, Chelios, Roenik, Hull) and SI is a homer organization. Farber's editor never would have signed off.
Anyway, I can think of a hundred things in other sports are equally or more embarassing, but don't get publicity because it's not on the agenda. Hockey will forever be treated like a goofy cousin sport so long as journalists like Farber have jobs (or their editors continue to ask for such material).
 I mean nationally syndicated journalists.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by coolguy21415