View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
SarniaSting101

vCash: 500
"I think if his last name was anything other than "Ciccarelli" then he wouldn't have seen any action this year. It was probably a convenience thing bringing him up when injuries struck but I would agree, I don't think he is ready for the OHL, yet."

These are Dean's words above. Not to speak for him as he speaks very well and honestly about what he sees in my opinion of course. I enjoy and look forward to reading his posts as they never seem to be clouded by his own personal opinions but are honest evaluations of the players. I am sure he knows many of them personally but still calls it as it is.

Matteo seems like a very nice kid and definitely has the eagerness and willingness to improve. Sometimes that works out and sometimes it just isn't enough. I guess time will tell. Players have made teams their parents are involved in since the beginning of time, whether it be Minor Hockey or Junior Hockey. In most cases, it ends up being harder on the player than anyone else. I often wonder why parents feel the need to subject their kids to that. If they are truly good enough, then let another team/coach pick them and then the player can feel better about himself knowing he truly is there based on his own talent and ability.