View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 11:35 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I don't think our record will be that bad in the last 14.. The three vs. Calgary we should win at least 2, if not all 3. Especially if they trade Iginla. We often play well against Chicago, Phoenix and Colorado. The Minnesota game and the Anaheim games are going to be very tough and the LA, VAN games are a toss up IMO. If we win what we're expected to I believe we will go 7-4-3. The Calgary, Phoenix and Colorado games are must win. That should be 5 games we win.

I think this part of the season is the toughest part because we never play good against Nashville or St.Louis, and Columbus and Vancouver are in the same situation as us battling hard. I would be happy to get out 2-2-1. Anything better is great.
Optimistic to say the least. I know Calgary sucks but when is the last time the Oilers won 3 straight versus the Flames?

Can't count on a win vs Chicago obviously... even though they play well against them often.

I think it will be a hell of a struggle just averaging a point per game over the next 19. Almost every one of those teams they face are battling for a spot and most probably will still be 10 games from now as well. Avs/Jackets/Coyotes aren't ready to throw in the towel and Vancouver will be battling for a spot until the end.

The toss up games are just that... could go either way and you'd have to think .500 over those games is about the best they could do.

I hate being overly down on them but I don't see how they are going to start reeling off 4-5 wins in a row (which they need) when they haven't mustered more than 2 straight so far.

Look at the last 5 games... a decent stretch with points in all of them yet the Oilers are still in 13th... just 3 pts out of dead last in the West. They need a string of WINS.. not just loser points making it look like they are competitive when it's really doing nothing except spinning their wheels in futility.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote