View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Today I'm dreading tomorrow's schedule regarding our playoffs. We play in a Sunday league but it got split up between Sun/Thurs. Playoffs are pushed to all Thursdays. Sucks for me, I travel weekly and return on Thursday. So I'll be working nearly a full day Thurs (on top of 10-12 hour days on Tues/Wed, plus a full day and travel on Mon), flying home, and walking through my door roughly an hour before I have to leave for the rink. Hoping I can pile in some carbs before/during my flight home and crack a nice energy drink en route to the rink to make myself feel normal. Sleeping on the flight won't happen. Normally it's not much of a concern but it's the playoff semi-finals and a game between 2nd/3rd seeds.

The opponent: a great team who usually wins their division or at least plays in the finals. I'd wager a bet they've lost in the playoffs to us more than any other team in the past few years. We usually have the upper hand on them overall but they did beat us in a weekend tourney this past winter, so we're still reeling from that.

This season's history: they railed us 8-0 when we were missing half our players, our goalie, our only remaining speed guy got sick and left, and I was feeling awful the whole game too. In a rare scene we basically gave up once the 3rd period hit. A couple weeks later when we met again with our full team, we put up 8 on them as well and beat them by 3 or 4.

It's gonna be a good one!
And a 5-2 win for us. Finals next week, we're now the top seed