View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 12:06 AM
stardog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
There's room for both.

Stempniak hustles as much as Dupuis, has similar speed, is just as responsible defensively, and has as many points this season to boot.

The difference is Stempniak can create on his own and thinks the game much closer to Crosby, than Dupuis does.

There is zero doubt in my mind Stempniak would make the Crosby line harder to defend than Dupuis.
I'm right there with you on acquiring Stemniak. Brought this up in another thread a week or two ago (along with Smid, Regher and a few others as potential trade targets). Especially if it means we don't go after Iginla.

I'm kinda thinking you're misreading what I'm saying though. I'm not advocating one or the other, I'm wanting both guys on this team.

The last two sentences I can certainly see your point even if I am unsure if I agree with 100%. Especially the last sentence... but I am hoping that we find out.

And while I certainly am not one of those who think Dupuis is more talented, I do think he is a better player for this team. But that is a relative opinion and not at all important in the scope of this thread I suppose.

Last edited by stardog: 03-22-2013 at 12:11 AM.