View Single Post
Old
03-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Shaun Bisson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarniaSting101 View Post
Burgess is exactly my point. Have you ever seen him play? He truly does not belong on an OHL ice surface and the father is embarrassing the poor kid by insisting he is out there. He works his tail off and tries harder than most, but he is not of OHL calibre. I have heard many times that it has caused alot of dissention amongst the team, coaches, scouts, etc. because of it. I can't imagine Larry would do that however with Matteo. At least I would hope not.

Perhaps you know Matteo on a personal level and therefore are defending him a bit more than most because of that, which is admirable.
Yes, I have seen Burgess play. I wouldn't have assumed to make a comment about a player's belonging in the league without having any background knowledge of his ability.

I do know Matteo, but I also know a number of players on the team (and other teams - as a prospects writer, it's part of my job) and like to assess each individual fairly. Matteo has a climb in order to reach what is expected of an OHL regular, but it is not his name that has him playing in the OHL when a call up is needed. If that was the case, he wouldn't have been sent to Jr. B to begin with.