View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 12:30 AM
SarniaSting101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post
Yes, I have seen Burgess play. I wouldn't have assumed to make a comment about a player's belonging in the league without having any background knowledge of his ability.

I do know Matteo, but I also know a number of players on the team (and other teams - as a prospects writer, it's part of my job) and like to assess each individual fairly. Matteo has a climb in order to reach what is expected of an OHL regular, but it is not his name that has him playing in the OHL when a call up is needed. If that was the case, he wouldn't have been sent to Jr. B to begin with.
Who do you write for? Just curious as to whether I have seen your work or not as I read ALOT of hockey publications. You must be on the road alot to cover this sport. I was a reporter before retirement, but not sports specific.

As far as Matteo, I wish him all the best and will be cheering him all the way. Only time will tell how it all transpires so we will just wait that one out.

I just hope to see it through - my wife wants to spend more time down south in the winter but I keep buying my season tickets as that is my excuse to stay put. LOL