Thread: Post-Game Talk: Panthers at Rangers
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 12:31 AM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by messierjagrlundqvist View Post
Well, I don't want Richards with Callahan and Hagelin. That's the kiss of death. That line will totally suck with Richards play. At least with the current iteration of Richards, pair him with Nash and Gaborik and maybe they can carry his play through their skill, especially with Gaborik picking up his play which I think he is doing, and maybe Richards does a skillful thing or two to contribute. Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan will/can be solid.

Miller and Kreider on a 3rd line is a big problem. Neither can play NHL ready D. It's nice that they can contribute some offense. But we're going to lose games with the goals they let in due to poor positioning and coverage.

This team has 99 problems and Richards is #1.
If Nash-Richards-Gab is going to stay together than the Rangers need a different offensive system. That line is not meant to grind along the boards below the hash marks.

Thats a freewheeling/Rushing line.

But since we:

a)play a collapsing zone D which hurts any type of quick strike transition because our wings play too shallow in our own end.

b)love stretch passing so we can't make a controlled play out of our zone

it doesn't seem like its going to happen....

I'm not going to say that line can't work. But its a line that can't work in this current system.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote