View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 01:08 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Well it didn't exactly help they lost Wruck, Ewanyk was just getting going and St. Croix and Maxwell decided not to show up for games at a time. The role players and gritty players dug their heels in and carried this team. I hope people aren't expecting an automatic repeat, lots of things had to go right last year especially in the final. Peddle, Pysyk, Pelss, Rachinski all played big, big roles as the heart and soul of the team basically.

Will be interesting to see who replaces that, hopefully Samuelsson can last an entire playoff without getting suspended because they will need him. I'm also expecting a monster performance out of Ewanyk, he seems to raise his play as the intensity goes up. Wruck was one of the few noticeable bright spots in the sweep to Red Deer two years ago so I'm expecting him to play good as well. We'll see.. but they'll need guys like Ewanyk, Wruck, Lowe, Foster and Cheek to be the engine of this team when it turns into a war. Don't know how Lowe is going to respond to the intensity, sometimes he can get too fired up and gets himself in a little discipline trouble. Same goes for Samuelsson, Laxdal needs to sit those two down in particular. I'm also expecting anything St. Croix brings to be a bonus to be quite honest.
This year's team is a little different. We have more scoring spread out throughout the lineup and more depth on d than last year.

What we dont have is a solid fourth line. They are getting there, but arent there yet. Yes we will miss Peddle, Rachinski, Pelss and Pysyk in particular, but other players like Lowe have stepped up.

I think the EC is going to be a lot tougher this year. I dont think Portland is as good as last year, despite their record regular season.