View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 03:31 AM
grego

vCash: 500
I am from Sask, so I am actually a non Edmonton fan of the Oilers that does love the CFL even if my team of choice is not from Edmonton.

But one unique thing that I love about the CFL is that the season of it folds in rather perfect for a hockey fan. When Stanley Cup finals are ending you are getting the start of CFL training camps, and as they are going through CFL playoffs and the Grey Cup you are having the early less interesting training camp and first month or so of the long NHL season.

As a result I don't think dual fans of the leagues even have to make a choice as to which team they love more, because they can choose both, because when the most interesting parts of the seasons occur are totally different between the 2 leagues. Unlike NFL which runs during the NHL season, or NBA with an almost identical season start / end of the NHL.

Add in the fact that for many people that don't make a lot of money it is more economical to buy a 9 or 10 game season ticket pack to the Eskimos over the Oilers and that many more people can fit into Commonwealth for a game and you find that there is no reason to make a choice. Sometimes pure economomics and availability of tickets make that choice for people. The Eskimos have no season ticket waiting list, and if they somehow built a dynasty franchise they could reopen any closed seats if there w

Many Eskimo fans could just be the average Edmontonian that can afford to take a whole family to every season game for the same price of just a season ticket to the Oilers, and now with a big HD tv and NHL centre ice they can watch the Oilers at home and it isn't that big of a drop in fan experience

grego is offline   Reply With Quote