View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 05:05 AM
Krut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I don't care when people rip the CFL and say it will become irrelevent because the ratings it gets on TV continue to be solid and rising. Evidence that it is not just old people watching the game, but there are more young people tuning in.

And when teams are decent in the league they get fans without having to give away tickets unlike many other North American leagues.

The truth is the CFL to many sports fans are like when people visit dirty sites online. Many guys that claim to dislike the CFL may tune in to games when they are alone and nothing else is on, and that still gets ratings to boost the CFL.

The league is growing and doing fine so it doesn't matter when people say bad things about it or that people don't care. It is really more interesting at the core rule set than the NFL, because it really is closer to rules from rugby ( without having all the American changes that were made because they couldn't fit a proper field size in a stadium ) and other changes Americans made to the game. In many rule changes it is as often the Americans that modified the game to make it different since it evolved in both countries to make the rules of the game with it being the Canadian rules that the CFL adopted ( not that the CFL came along after the NFL changine rules to be different, an idea that NFL fanboys with no sense of history will assume )
I wouldn't be so sure about the young people tuning in.

I've been to a couple of Grey Cups the last few years, and the average age at the green and gold room (and other team rooms for that matter) had to be hovering around 45 at best. Out of a lot of people in my age range that like sports, I honestly don't know a single person that actually gives a rip about the CFL, other than a few that may watch casually here and there.

Krut is online now   Reply With Quote