View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 06:25 AM
PhoneGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
from my seat in 205, Josi had a tough game in his own end. SK is soft as a grape. The Spaling line with Clune and Yip had a very good game, spending a lot of time around Kiprusoff (and the one waved off goal around Rinne.) Bartley was very involved, and didn't make me yearn for Scott Hannan. Blum, on the other hand, often makes me yearn for Scott Hannan

Reasonably annoying, though involved, blonde girl (screaming SHOOT IT every time a Pred had the puck in the offensive zone) was clearly not a Martin Erat fan, and mentioned his 4M paycheck 4M times, which caused me to come up with the marketing slogan, "You can't spell ovERrATed without ERAT" but then he had a goal and assist, and I shut the campaign down, despite the inability to shut fan girl's mouth down

All in all, though it may be false hope, just know that last season we, at Staples Center, were pretty happy knowing we'd be saving our playoff money because the Kings were the 11th seed, horrible, and with about 3 weeks to go in the regular season, mercifully cooked. When we crawled, limped and dragged 18,000 fans above ground, into the 8th position at season's end, we lamented that one more time we'd be wasting money on two more games, at inflated playoff prices... Well, money well spent guys ... The season's not over yet and though I don't think this team has the horses to ride roughshod through the West, it really isn't as bad as you think

Go Preds!
I feel your pain about the blonde. Her brunette sister sits behind me in 118, apparently.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote