View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Being honest, looking at the teams near us in the standings, there's a reasonable chance for us to finish with the worst record.

I know people will point to Florida, but given how I feel about Jacob Markstrom, its entirely possible that they could string together a decent little stretch of play and pass us. Kid is simply going to be a monster. I don't see any reason Colorado can't get a little healthier and surpass us as well. Their young roster has plenty of talent.

The bad thing about those standings is more that there's a 43% chance we'd get pushed back a slot and is out on Drouin or McKinnon as well (Yes, I like Barkov too, so only a little more disappointment).
The best bet, or best of the worst, is to finish at least 2 worst that way if some other team wins the lottery, the Flyers would get the 3rd overall at least. I like Barkov a lot and think he might be the best fit for this team out of the 3 top forwards due to his size, but being in the top 3 opens up trade options to move up in the draft. If the team at the 1st overall wants Drouin or Mackinnon instead of Jones, they might be willing to trade down for a reasonable return if they were guaranteed one of those two forwards.