View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
So a guy who has scored an average of 24.5 goals over the past two seasons playing with the two best centers in the world is somehow better than a guy who has average 37.5 playing with Matt Stajan and Olli Jokinen? Care to explain that logic to me?

I bet you ask a fan of any other team in the league and they tell you Iginla is better than Kunitz. Neal had never even scored 30 goals before he played with the Pens. Iginla has scored over 30 for 11 straight seasons and had 28 and 29 (which also eclipsed Neal's career high before the pens).

I could see an argument for Neal by fans who don't understand how important a premier center is, but even attempting to argue for Kunitz is ridiculous. Pascal Dupuis is a better hockey player than Kunitz.
I agree with you on Iginla but let's not make an equally ridiculous statement in the opposite direction.

Quote:
But I forgot, Neal and Kunitz played wing for the 1st line when they picked team Canada right? Or did they even make the team? I can never remember these things...
Meh, poor argument. Lots of good players didn't make Team Canada and I don't think they picked the lines in descending order of who was best to worst. But again, I agree that Iggy is a better overall hockey player than Kunitz.