View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 07:49 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
It sure as hell feels good to win games like this, but the score is misleading. It wasn't as complete a game as the boxcars makes it seem. They were terrific in the neutral zone (though the Jets constants off-sides helped) and fore checked very well, but they were weak down low in the defensive zone and had prolonged periods where they didn't generate any offense.

Despite the shutout, I don't think any of the defensemen played particularly well in their own zone. The Jets were getting quality opportunities around the crease way too often. Holtby bailed them out of a couple, and Jets botched a few more (especially that Ladd chance towards the end of the 3rd). Oleksy, in particular, was disappointing. In part it's because he played about as well as anyone could have expected against Crosby and looked so strong with the puck in the Pittsburgh game, but tonight was a big letdown. He struggled to control the puck, had multiple turnovers (one of which was just terrible), spent too much time chasing the big hit, and took two minor penalties (the tripping could have been easily avoided).

And could Hillen go a single game without getting crunched into the boards over and over again?
WHAT?? hahaha Did you watch a different game or are you just lumping this game in to express your frustration for the entire season???

I'm in total agreement with WH. We DOMINATED.

The Jets got a couple of decent scoring chances all game. They were held to a season low 20 shots and not many were threatening.

They have been shutout twice all year..both by us. Again...their 20 shots were a season low. Did they play bad? Yep. But you have to give the Caps some credit for that.

We won the special teams in the end. We out goaltended them and generated more quality scoring chances in addition to outshooting them.

Oleksy played a gritty game and had a couple tough penalties..which we killed off and built momentum out of. And he won that bout IMO

Ovechkin looked like the Ovechkin of old. Green and Orlov were one man breakout machines.

Comon now...I can't see how anyone can nitpick that game.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote