View Single Post
03-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Dennis Bonvie
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
I see. Like just totally flat out offence? Irresponsibly skating crazy 8's between centre & his own blue-line waiting for a feed while his team mates are scrambling all out, pinched basically 5on4? Banging his stick on the ice in frustration waiting for the puck to cough?... cant think of anyone Mr.Bonvie. You? Pavel Bure pulled that act a lot but he wasnt contemporaneous to Gretzky... and what happened to that whole "From Ice to Slice" dealeo with Old Forge Pizza in West Pittston PA? I heard raves about it then bam, gone. Squared pizza pie. Tasty.
You have hit on the one comparable, Bure.

However, Bure was a winger, not a center. At least he was near where he should have been in the defensive zone, that is covering a point man. As you know, a center has more defensive zone responsibiltiy. So though Bure was comparable, its not quite the same due to position.

As for the Pa. days, they are in the past. Tonight I will be dining with my daughter at the beautiful Broome Country Arena in lovely downtown Binghamton where she attends Binghamton University (actually, in Vestal, down rte. 434.). Friday night AHL hockey, reminds me of the good old days of the New Haven Nighthawks, section 14. This will be my third time seeing the Sens, but most of the players I saw the first two times now reside in Ottawa.