Old
03-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by take a peak View Post
I can see how they think that they may have felt that they got a raw deal on the goal call (which I don't think they did, see below) but seriously 5,6 or 7 guys all going up to the refs after the period. Looked super childish and funny to me. Seriously you never see that.
It's actually not that uncommon in the SEL. I agree it doesn't look good, though.
Quote:
1-goalie well out of his crease
Goalie still had some contact with his crease. Not exactly "well out."

Either way, you can't tie up an opponent that doesn't have the puck, regardless of crease or if it's a goalie.
Quote:
2-Frolunda player pushed Lulea forward into goalie, initiating the contact
Bell pushed Vihko in another direction. IMO, you can clearly see Vihko sticking his leg in to restrict Hudáček's movement. Vihko saw what what happening with Cehlárik and the puck, and took a chance.
Quote:
can you review that in SEL? I know you cannot in the NHL
Yes, they reviewed a goal in Game 4 of the Skellefteå/Brynäs series and disallowed it due to goaltender interference.
Quote:
Frolunda goalie is really, really good but can't believe the refs called that after they must have seen him initiate contact with stick and arms every time Lulea forward anywhere near him. I have never seen anything like that either, does he ever get interference calls? he constantly does it..
Well, he was probably angry about the 1-0 goal and was protecting his crease. Goalies are allowed to move freely in the crease.

I remember Tomáš Vokoun sticking his leg out once, tripping Kirk Maltby who was forechecking. Maltby got the penalty. I was furious, but that's the rule.

Last edited by Systemfel: 03-22-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote