Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 08:28 AM
mgftp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So, you're one of those people that waits almost 2 years to pat yourself on the back? And after about 20 games of poor play, no less. Lockout shortened season...the list goes on.

I'm not saying hes going to last his entire contract, or even past the summer of 2014, but I do think holding out hope that Richards can revert back to his old form is the best play right now. Certainly a better decision than ranting and raving about how you want him gone with no suitable plan to how we'll get a top 6 center.
Sorry I didn't post on this internet forum to validate my point earlier, I didn't know I had to document my thoughts on this forum for them to be valid in the world. I can waste some time and give you links to other forums where I did if that so important to you.

But rediculousness aside, I do think having him off the ice without replacement is best at this point. Its a turnover more than 50% of the time he touches the puck and I don't think forcing a guy making this type of cash into the lineup who is doing nothing helps a locker room. And I don't think he's reverting back to his old form - have you been watching Ranger games? I hope I am wrong, but he is just constantly a step behind every time he is on the ice. He is an old guy, doesn't stay in the best shape, and it was a long off season - probability says there will be no reverting back.