View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 09:02 AM
JL17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
Mike Stapleton was very mellow behind the hounds bench and never called out players.

Sheldon Keefe barks and is very intense behind that same bench.

Who would you rather have coaching your team?

It's not about the style it's about consistency, expectations and accountability. And if you have the horses like the Hunters do, that makes up for much of everything.

The Spits coaching staff is not what it once was DJ Smith was a big cog. Also the Kerby factor kills the expectations, accountability and consistency through the group.
I'm not saying for him to become a snooze behind the bench but when you can hear him all game in the 3rd bowl at the JLC it's a little much. I didn't find Stapleton that bad behind the bench. I prefer the middle ground of the 2 coaches.

I will also say I prefer Mark over Dale and I don't believe Dale is the best coach out there. That's my opinion. Nobody needs to coach the 04-05 team. You could have taken a guy that lived in a hole his whole life and never seen a hockey game and he would have coached that team to the same season.

Also the 04-05 is somewhat comparable to to the Spits first Cup... alot of talent coaching was there to make sure everyone arrived in one piece. London's latest run to the Cup is comparable minus the win.