View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Brassard has always struck me as being a guy who would excel on bigger ice, with smaller players.

He has undeniable skills, but his free-wheeling style doesn't work in the NHL. When asked to play within a system, he is, essentially, homeless because while having top six skills, he cannot utilize them on the lower lines, which is, at best, where he should be playing. And if he doesn't forecheck strong or hit or is very good defensively, he's pretty useless on the bottom six too.
He's a second line center imo, with good PP skills. He had a hell of a game Tuesday night, with Vinny and Letestu, but overall its been a dissappointing season for him, Cam and RJ. That line that was so effective after the Carter trade, hasn't produced for us.

Cam gets a pass imo, up til this point. The high ankle sprain will cripple anyone, and his game is speed. Now as we move into April, I think its fair to expect more from #13.

RJ seems to have physically finally got up to speed over the last couple weeks. Not playing during the lockout hurt him more than he admits. He has found some chemistry on the big boy line now.

Brass had his best game as a Jacket Tuesday. What will we see this weekend?

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote