View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 09:30 AM
SoulAssassin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I dont think that trade gets Stastny.

Id like to see a couple guys traded for picks. Probably Liles, Kostka, MacArthur, and even Bozak.

Yea, blah blah blah, playoff push, I know. Its a really deep draft, these are all easily replaceable secondary players, and deadline deals give the highest prices you can get. I dont think removing the above four players means we definitely miss the playoffs. We've traded veterans in the past at the ddeadline and seen our record stay the same or even improve.

I simply see it as getting value that can help us for 10+ years, at the cost of being slightly less competitive for one month. I also dont think resigning Bozak and MacArthur makes much sense contract wise. We already have a number of decent middle sized contracts, and Kessel/Phaneuf need to be resigned next year, Kadri and Gunnarson need raises, etc.
Now thats a sensible Leaf fan. Im not sure why so many are opposed to dealing the guys you mentioned plus a couple other spare parts for upgrades or assets such as picks. It could make a world of difference in a few short years. The Leafs are providing false hopes right now being in the playoff hunt.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote