View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I wouldn't go much over that $1.5m number, and I wouldn't offer more than two years. Heck, if his stock around the league is up, and a team thinks he'd be a nice secondary piece to Vanek/Poms/Miller/Stafford, he should be on the table. But he's been much better this season.
I'd like the RD next year to be Myers, Sekera, Weber. Weber's had few issues playing RD as a lefty shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I want to keep him...

In a season with very few bright spots, he's been one of them

He may be a career 3rd pairing/PK defensemen... but he's demonstrated enough to show me that he will be a career NHLer. He brings some of the qualities we always whine about lacking.

3 yrs / 7 million / 2.333 per
I think he's a younger Montador, albeit a lefty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
If we do the right thing an unload some expensive contracts Sign him.

What's our cap situation for next year right now?
just under $14M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
I would try to sign him for up until he's a UFA (not sure if that's 2 or 3 years) in the 1.5 mil range. If 3 years buys a year of his UFA status, then make it about 2 mil per. It's a joke that he was scratched for so long last season for Gragnani, and then scratched again to start this season. He'll be a solid 3rd pair guy that brings some toughness. Anybody that can go flying face first into the end boards and get right back up and skate off is my kind of player (cue Robert Duvall giving the wounded VC water and then taking it away from Apocalypse Now). That was from his first stint late in the 07-08 season at Boston.
great movie.

I'd do 3/$6M or 4/$8M.

He just turned 25. Buy 1 or 2 UFA years.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote