View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Son of Krypton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Either way, you can't tie up an opponent that doesn't have the puck, regardless of crease or if it's a goalie.
Well, I guess it could be argued that Hudáček was the one who tied up Vihko. To me, it all looked accidental.
Quote:
Bell pushed Vihko in another direction. IMO, you can clearly see Vihko sticking his leg in to restrict Hudáček's movement. Vihko saw what what happening with Cehlárik and the puck, and took a chance.
Vihko also tried to lift his leg as Hudáček tried to move back into the crease.
Looking at it in normal speed, the whole situation went by very fast.
If Bell hadn't been there (regardless of which way he intended to push Vihko), Hudáček would have had more of a case
Quote:
Yes, they reviewed a goal in Game 4 of the Skellefteå/Brynäs series and disallowed it due to goaltender interference.
But the Skellefteå player was clearly skating through the crease.
In Vihkos case, it would have been an interference call outside the crease, if anything. And penalties outside the crease are not reviewable, as far as I know.

Also, it looked too me like the refs did watch the replays on the video board before they decided to drop the puck. It probably cemented their decision not to have the goal reviewed.
And they did look at it again at the intermission, coming to the same conclusion.

I think the refs explained the situation quite well after the game.
That said, I can see why some of the Frölunda fans are upset. And I doubt Vihko's involvement made it a sweeter pill to swallow.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote