View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 10:14 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
What constitutes a disappointing season? If Brass is disappointing this season what is every other player below him? I find it confusing you're calling a player who's second on the team in points, disappointing.
This is like saying Nash didn't have a disappointing year last year. To me, its his play consistently. His points only serve to tantalize when you look at the entire body of work.

I won't deny that he's likely the player to garner the most mixed reactions, because I just don't see a place for him, anywhere, given what we know about him, he doesn't do anything really well enough to define a role despite being maybe the most offensively talented player this team has. Couple that with being one of the longest tenured players right now (the longest?).

Some can say he's a second line center. I don't think he is, his game has him pegged as a "tweener" right between second and third line, but he can't adequtely play the role of third or fourth liner and he can't seem to be consistent enough and devoted enough to garner top six, regardless of how skilled he is.

The powerplay kind of goes back to what I was saying about smaller guys and bigger ice, the opposition is one down and Brassard's "freewheeling" style serves him best in these situations where there's more ice and more control.

When someone asks me: What's Derick Brassard's role? I have a hard time answering beyond "providing sketchy offense"

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote