View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Once upon a time, Michael Ryder was considered so brutal that he sat in the Press Box watching the Habs lose in the playoffs. Sent packing and became an important piece for the Bruins winning the Cup.

There are countless stories of comeback players. Clowe would not be the make or break impact player in Montreal. He would be an important piece of the puzzle though.

Lucic would shrink in stature a bit and guys like Eller and Gallagher would grow a little taller.

Trade a pick and get him over here.
We don't have a roster spot for him. He's a defensive liability. He tends to take a lot of stupid penalties. He has less goals than Martin Brodeur and his play has flat out sucked this year. Not to mention our biggest weakness this year is probably the PK, so picking up a guy that takes a lot of penalties doesn't seem logical.

I don't deny that players can turn it around, but with about 10 games after the deadline Clowe wouldn't have much time to adapt and contribute.

Also, the Sharks want a good return for him, not just a mid pick, so it would cost us a fair amount to acquire a goal less 4th liner that is struggling and is a UFA. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Have you guys been watching any Sharks games? He's REALLY bad this year. His regression is obvious and I don't think we should upset the chemistry of a top team just to acquire a bottom piece like him.

Sure, if the price is dirt cheap, you make the deal, but from all accounts the Sharks want a late 1st, or a 2nd + prospect. Not worth it if that's the case.