View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
I wouldn't, too many question marks in the playoffs. The only proven asset in the playoffs is Subban. Markov has been underwhelming in the post season. The veteran leadership the team had in Gill, Cammalleri, Gomez etc is not here any more and I don't expect Price to play like 2010 Halak. That said, this team has much more depth than the ECF one. I only worry about the toughness, I don't think little guys like Gallagher and Desharnais will handle easily the tight defense and checking of the playoffs. This team really needs some big bruising defensive minded Dman.
Well said. It's a shame there are only so many few games remaining because Tinordi could have been that guy for us but there's too little time now. Diaz brings a totally different dimension from that but once he returns I think we are pretty set on defense anway.

And to stay on topic yes, Subban elevates his game even more in the playoffs - best player on both sides of the ice against Boston, and then there was his rookie playoff run. That's his environment. Can't wait!

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote