View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Yeah, I have a particular soft spot for Vitucci having followed his '96 Checkers closely on their championship run... That time period in the ECHL was a hell of a lot of fun.
Oh ya? That mustve been a treat. The ECHL an interesting league, players. I vaguely remember Vitucci from the Toronto Marlies, looking him up on hockeydb remembering more; backup to Sean Burke in his first year, starter in his second & final year of Major Junior. Interesting, because the Marlboroughs had a long & rich history of both selecting & developing goaltenders going back decades, so Vitucci must have absolutely had the right stuff. Could be political though, as in some seasons & era's goalies were promoted from within the organization, up through the ranks of the GTHL's Marlboroughs from like Pee Wee, Midget, given almost byes with spots on the Markham Waxers followed by the Jr.A Marlies. Vitucci however I believe was an outlier, having played amateur & Jr.B elsewhere. It really is a shame that size rather than skill has become such an over-riding criteria & factor in the selection of goaltenders & forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealsFan View Post
Great stuff! Wish it was professionally videotaped though. Would have liked to see closeups of some of the items and the glare on the glass cases was annoying.
Well, why dont you just hop in the car, grab a case of beer, drive on down to Toldeo, knock on his door?

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote