View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enthropi View Post
I think you're wrong there. Gonchar has picked up right where Karlsson left off, there is fundamentally sound about the coaching of their breakout. Wish we could see J Schultz impact every game in such a manner.

The only thing I don't like about Ottawa is that their fans seem to believe that they are the poster child of a successful rebuild because their GM said that's what he was doing. Hell, even some oilers fans often use them as a measuring stick. 1 season at the bottom because all the vets crapped the bed simultaneously and trade some spare parts at the trade deadline is NOT rebuilding, it's just being a seller. They have the exact same core since the Heatley trade. While we have 5/6 of our top-6 as recent draft picks ad under 22yo.
What one should consider is that Ottawa is not poised to get better. This is a team with a lot of trouble scoring goals right now. Alfreddson is 40, Gonchar 38, Neil 33, Spezza 30, Michalek 28.

Who's replacing this offence which is even now sputtering?(yes I know Spezza is injured but anyway)

Could you imagine a club where Kyle Turris is your best forward?

Defensively this team is solid but man they're going to be worse than Nashville bad when it comes to offence.