View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 12:59 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
He is not a long shot at all. He will be a engery player for the Oilers within 3 years. Everyone that is complaining about this signing it obvious that they have not seen him play.
He is not there to score goals for us. He is a heart and soul player. He is a very good skater and can drive the puck to the net, but he finishing skills are not great. He can hit LIKE no tomorrow and is not scared to take on anyone. If you go too Oil kings games you will notice that if his team comes out flat he will go and try pick fights to get his team motivated. He is great in his own end one of the reason why the Oil Kings have a great PK. He also does well in the faceoff dot.
He is exactly what the Oilers are need right now. He also will most likely become a better and more reliable player than Mike Brown.

I love this signing and don't base your opinion on his stats go youtube some videos of him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4r3rsvEasg
Most posters from here live IN EDMONTON and always watch the WJC Exhibition. I've never been impressed with Ewanyk, seemed like they drafted the kid just because he plays for the Oil Kings (like Moroz).

We'll see I guess, I still think he's a long shot. Kids who play his style take a long time to translate their skills to the NHL unless they're huge kids like Kassian. Ewanyk is big at 6'2 190 but he's not exactly a monster.

Regardless, congrats to him on his ELC. Hopefully he continues progressing.

Last edited by SephF: 03-22-2013 at 01:06 PM.
SephF is offline   Reply With Quote