Thread: Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I dont think he makes this team just yet. he has cooled off a bit over the past few weeks which is going to happen, but he has a bit to go before we really talk about him as a likely option making the team over players like Wheeler, Stepan, Oshie, Pominville, Wilson, etc. all those names are ahead of him imo right now...certainly can change next year, but I just dont see him ahead of his competition just yet.

definitely invite him and see how he looks, but I think there are better options right now...I would even go with Brandon Saad over him who gets almost no love as well. top 5 in rookie scoring, just on a tear and doing it without Hossa of late..kid is a beast, plays the game with all heart and hustle...makes ridiculous passes and always crashes the net. Saad is going to be a star in the next few years.
You just never know how a player takes the offseason. Remember a guy like stamkos was miserable his rookie year but then after an offseason of intense training he exploded. I certainly agree, he's not on yet, but that's why I said he has to keep improving.

Saad is certainly in the conversation.