View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 01:12 PM
sxHarr05

vCash: 500
Hey guys. I have a few questions on skates, particularly the Bauer Supreme line. I ust started playing hockey again in January after a 17 year layoff. I didn't want to spend a whole lot as I wasn't sure if this would be a fleeting hobby or a full-blown "comeback" of sorts. I went and tried on a few different makes before settling on the Bauer Supreme One.4. The fit in the footbed is great, front/back and side to side. My issue is that they seem loose in the upper ankle/top eyelet area. I'm constantly re-tying them. Can they be baked again or is it best one and done?

The second question may be related, or may be due to my size (6', 235#). As I said, I was just getting back into the game. Well, that has translated to twice a week stick and puck/open and one public skate with the kids. Issue #2 is that the boots are splitting where the ankle cuff meets the tendon guard. About 3/8" on the outside of the right boot,and just starting to show on the same spot on the left. Am I too hard on an entry-level skate? Would I be better served with One.6's and leave these for public? What about Vapors? How different are the fit characteristics? The Supremes are still under warranty so a replacement pair should be on the way.

Thanks in advance.