View Single Post
Old
12-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i don't know who got to WATCH this game...but on that last PP in OT...johnson had a CLEAR shot that had a pretty good chance of beating fernandez...and for some reason...he threw it back to Timonen, instead...who then played catch with Zidlicky until time ran out. I would have thrown EVERYTHING at that net, and just tried to bang the garbage in. We didn't even try.
Exactly. We had a beautiful scoring chance right at the right post, and we passed it back to the point. WHAT IN THE WORLD!?!?! They were passing the puck with 1-2 seconds left in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Also, we might want to read a book entitled, "How to not give up the lead," after tonight and back to that Montreal game.
I agree, but I have to feel for the Preds. They have had an extremely tough schedule. They play so many games in such short spans......its atrocious . A measly 2 days for a Christmas break

Anyways, somone commented that Zidlicky "drew the penalty" in OT. Really, what happened was two Wild players simultaneously mugged him. It was terrible. The refs (who were letting everything go this game for both teams) had to call it. Zid. would have most likely had a breakaway, and with the way Fernandez was playing........he probably would have buried it. Its a shame that the Preds kept passing the puck tonight. Manny was not at his best, and we could have won this game. Letting them back in the game right after our big goals, just killed our confidence and boosted theres . Still, except for the third period, the game was extremely close-matched. In the third and in most of the 2nd, the Wild defense started chipping in alot. I'm not sure if the Preds were prepared for this. Lemaire said that they were going to start sending the defensemen in b/c they were short on goals, but the Wild usually play such a tight defensive game that the Preds just looked clueless out there. Countless scoring chances were given up to the Wild defensemen, because we were caught sleeping in our coverage. Erat = excellent playmaker. If we could find a finisher, we wouldn't have so many darn ties. Erat sent a beautiful pass to Orszagh for the GWG late in the third, but Kuba tied him up (looked clean......may have been a hook...need to see a replay). Vokoun, despite his Save percentage, was superb tonight. I'm not sure how he keeps going. Mason is going to have to get some starts in soon b/c I'm not sure how far Vokoun can carry us this season, much less the playoffs, with the load he is being handed.

Last edited by Enoch: 12-23-2003 at 08:50 PM. Reason: koala kindly pointed out my stupidity. Kubina does not = Kuba :)