View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
The Big Unit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
The Oilers are 4-4-3 in their last 11. I'm not saying they would have been 9-2 but for Dubnyk. I'm saying without the soft goals, poor puck handling and weak positioning 6-3-2.

Today that's the difference between 13th in the conference and 8th alone (as one of those lost points was against the Sharks).

A 'reasonably solid' goalie doesn't go into extended funks. His team counts on him with the lead instead of fearing the soft goal.
This!

We need a goalie who can shut the door even after a bad goal and Dubnyk isn't that guy. The team doesn't play like they have no doubts he'll bail them out in the event of a bad turnover (Wingels' goal). Say whatever you want about his development, the fact remains that we was drafted in 2004 and still has major holes in his game along with some minor holes.

Terrible puck handling, rebound control, letting in softies, poor glove, doesn't properly cover the top of the net, can't shut the door when it counts, doesn't steal games often enough. That's way too many weaknesses in his game that still exist.

Overall he's not a terrible goalie but I don't see us winning a Stanley Cup with him either.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote