View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
SimonKnightsman

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=SarniaSting101;62169847]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post

I often wonder how those teams never seem to go through a "rebuild". I am not saying I like it, but it just seems that this is how it is in Sarnia.

How do those top teams do it? Draft better to provide depth year after year? Develop 3rd and 4th lines to be producers when they lose their top lines? There has to be a reason for it, and one that Sarnia hasn't figure out yet.
It's not just 3rd or 4 th liners that carry teams like London. You have to consistently hit on your drafts and that means pulling 7 to 8 players from each draft. Hunters drafting the last few years has been stellar and then they continue to add free agents that no team wanted. London also paid big prices to draft Maata, Zadorov and that was smart management knowing when to sell. When the Knight,s moved a pile of players out in 09, 10 it was around the plan to build with all their assets at the right time.

Having JB run the whole show in Sarnia is likely the best solution for them and that market. He is a pretty sharp operator and got that team winning ona more regular basis now. He also has them setup moving forward with lots of picks. Many smaller market teams use one guy to run them and Belleville is good example.....they seem to be doing fine also.