View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC
Back-checking Center

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
This is idiotic. Halpern was the least of the bottom six issues. He's terrific defensively, great on face offs, and hustles. Still a fast skater.

He's been significantly better than Pyatt, Boyle, Asham, Powe, and the rest of the revolving turnstile of crap getting bottom six minutes.

He's been clearly the best signing from the offseason. No, he doesn't contribute offensively, but none of these scrubs do. Why get rid of the best defender among them?

I'm disgusted. This guy should be kept and resigned for next year.
Yeah, i really dont get this. If he scores on that one play last night (the best chance hes had in games) is he waived? Hes actually one of the only "energy" players the Rangers have out of the bottom 6. Now thats gone. Awesome. Less speed now.

If Torts ever decides to open it up a little, they are going to need Halpern and his speed. You have to keep that option, not to mention his versatility in other areas defensively.

When the Rangers lost Powe Torts cried about that and all the little things he does - he supplies less than Halpern IMO. Silly move. Would love to know the thought process behind this and who made the decision on this one.

Powe had a concussion, what happens if he gets whacked again? Now you are down two top PKers...

Shaking my head on this one guys...