View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:19 PM
The Big Unit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
We are in the same boat here fine sir...but he could end up being a great backup, trade piece, late bloomer, something useful in the future...he is only one of the many boat anchors holding this team down (it also took the turnover to lead to the Wingels' goal, not just a Dubnyk flub)

I am open to him not being the future of the Oilers...I just dont think he is the most critical piece at this moment...I know it is the internet...but it drives me nuts to see everyone blow up on this guy every time the other team scores a goal (not just the softies).

He is in a tough spot...first year starter, no reliable backup, playoff race, poor defensive team. I would LIKE better play, but I am not EXPECTING it!!!

Here's hoping he proves us all wrong down the stretch and all us internet heroes gotta eat humble pie...i'm putting my faith in this guy (for the rest of the year)
There's no doubt that we have bigger problems than goaltending but great goaltending can often mask other problems and we're not getting great goaltending. It's competent at best. It's a lot easier to overpay and get a goalie than to get a big power forward in the top 6 and a top pairing defenseman. Not to mention another Brown prototype in the bottom 6.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote