View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
A very good and well written post. This whole "Torts the Clown" hive mind is a bit ridiculous. Yes, he is one stubborn bum when it comes to adaptation but we are icing some serious under performers on a nightly basis.

It just feels wrong. The whole team, including the coaching staff just doesn't feel like it has the same camaraderie they had the previous two seasons. We've watched last years team go into games with the mentality that they'd shed blood for each other and it was outstanding. They were a TEAM. Whatever we are watching play now is more or less a collection of new faces who know each other about as well as they know Torts' system.
But that's the problem. i don't buy into chemistry being the reason we're not as good as we were last year because Boyle, Prust, and Johnny Malkin were just as useless on the ice for most of the year as our current bottom six has been. (when it comes to scoring goals, at least- both bottom sixes are alright at everything else a bottom six should do.)

I'll point to the last month of last season and the playoffs. We were a .500 team because Hank left god mode and the defense stopped playing as well as they were for the first 3/4 of the season. We're seeing that defense this year- even though individually guys like MDZ and Staal have been good, and McD before his recent slump is obviously great as well, and it's showing. We're not nearly as good defensively as we were last year. The second goal on Hank yesterday doesn't happen last year.

You know how I feel about the stupid memes prevalent all the time, with TAWTS DA CLOWN and DEL ZASTAH and garbage like that, but we need to contend. Hank is getting older, Nash and Cally are getting older, sadly Gabby probably won't be resigned and Richards suddenly blows. We need to try and salvage this team as a "contender" and so far Torts hasn't shown that he's the guy up to the task.

I think Torts is a good coach and all the idiots who spew their garbage memes were waiting to do it last year, too, but couldn't because we were winning. But we have to contend, and we're not. And if we try to revamp the entire roster we'll run out of time.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote