Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Wait...if what Talbot had was so good then the Flyers should keep him. Fact is that his contract is not good at all. Not at all. 3 more years after this one with the cap going down? No thanks!

I wouldn't trade Chimera straight up for him. For this Caps team (lots of bottom 6 players) I wouldn't take him for free due to his contract.
Yeah, 1.75 million dollars a year for a high end PKer who can play any bottom 6 position well, who scored 19 goals last year/is generally good for 25 points a year, plays a very heavy forechecking/agitating game and steps up massively, absolutely massively during the playoffs is horrible. I mean, that's only 2/3 of what quality players like Jeff Schultz make.

What is your idea of a "good" contract exactly? Because Talbot brings a lot more in a defensive/PK/FO role than Laich and a hell of a lot more in a physical/agitating role than Brouwer.

Chimera is a largely inferior player, in part because he doesn't have a real hard hitting/agitating streak and in part because his head is made of rocks when it comes to defensive, the one thing non enforcer bottom 6ers need to know like the back of their hand.