View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Just adding a little bit of information here. Do NOT put Duchene on the wing. You put him on the wing your just asking for a disaster. This bounce back season of his is because he is no longer playing on the wing. He's a centerman that is one of, if the not, fastest in the Western Conference. Just saying when your doing your mock lines, Duchene on the wing is a no go.
Duchene was pretty good for Canada at this tournament on the wing as an 18 year old. He deserves a shot at wing with forwards of this quality before being ruled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
R NASH S STAMKOS M ST. LOUIS
J BENN M DUCHENE C GIROUX
T HALL J TAVARES J EBERLE
D BRASSARD R O’REILLY M READ

W SIMMONDS C CONACHER

M STAAL S WEBER
M DEL ZOTTO D GIRARDI
J BOUWMEESTER K ALZNER
B COBURN J SCHULTZ

B HOLTBY
M SMITH

Given that at the top end of the conference teams will not fall out at this point, the only flip/flops will come at the number 8 spot and since as of this morning NY Rangers are out, here's a revised lineup as of today. Top 4 d-men, what are the pairing, MDZ w/Weber and Staal w/Girardi? Do you even see Giriadi being effective on big ice? Or do you still think Weaver is the better option? Plus am hoping San Jose drops out and there will take Coutour moving Benn out (not sold on that guy yet.. especially not on big ice) plus I'd take Boyle and Burns dropping Coburn and Alzner. But please please, no Jumbo Joe or Marleau.

Granted M. Staal has to fully recover from that injury and he's up to playing. Any word on his recovery? I haven't heard nada.
I'm skeptical about Girardi on big ice given his style of play and lack of experience, but you never know. I would be willing to give him a shot at this tournament anyway. Why did you pick Brassard? I never expected to see him. If you want to convert a young centre to wing for the fourth line, why not Hodgson?

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote