View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 02:37 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
The team was really tough last year. They were also really bad offensively in the post season.
Yes, but that team was #1 in the East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
To anyone that thinks Halpern has been mediocre...what games are you watching? He's been exactly what you ask of a player in his role and cap hit.

Hes a very good defensive forward when he's on the ice. He's one of the three or four best defensive forwards on the team this year.

Boyle isnt even mediocre, he's plain bad. Pyatt comes alive once in a blue moon, but he's useless the vast majority of the time.

Obviously I dont know what goes in behind close doors, but I can't think of many players in the league who would be less likely to be a problem in the room than a quiet veteran leader like Halpern. There has never been a single report that would ever suggest that he is anything other than a boon in the room.

How do you waive a dirt cheap, useful veteran leader outperforming expectations over complete crap like Bickel, Pyatt, Or Asham, or an overpaid Boyle who does everything Halpern does...just worse, and for more than twice the cost.

Typical Rangers mismanagement of assets.
This. Exactly this. What were they expecting from him? Are you telling me the other players are living up to expectations? Why move out a center?