Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Grabo + Scrivens + 2nd for Luongo + Shroeder
No way. Overpayment.

Quote:
I don't think Grabo + Scrivens for Luongo adds enough value to the Leafs. They would lose their 2/3 line center for a relatively marginal upgrade in goal over Reimer, and then they have a new hole to fill with only $200k salary cap extra to play with.
LOL.

Scrivens holds next to no value in the deal.

And that upgrade in goal would be major, not marginal.

Quote:
Lou and Grabovski have pretty much the same cap hit... So you guys are already crippled cap wise? Is the plan then to buy out Luongo or trade him for futures only? I would think Grabo would at least help you guys to make the playoffs more than having an all star goalie riding the pine
That's the problem. An elite goaltender is making slightly less than an average 2nd line C.

We don't plan to keep Luongo till next season, so adding a big contract at this point doesn't make much sense, especially if it is north of 5 Million.

If it was around 4.5 or even 5, I think it would make the deal alot of feasable, and I don't see what the big issue with taking 1 million of cap in it is, but you guys don't seem willing to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
God no. Man is Schroeder underrated.
I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Except for the extra 5 years.....
What do that exactly mean?

what is the affect?

Elite goaltending, then even when he starts to decline a tad at 38-40. (if he is still playing) you will still get high quality goaltending, probably what you get from Riemer now, maybe a bit more due to experience.

And you get all that at an exceptional cap number.

Basically you get Luongo as long as you need him, then you could either buy him out later on, or just pay the small penalty which would probably be 2 million at the most, really not much.

It's great to say "its a longer deal" or whatever, but breakdown the affects it will really have, and you will see it isn't as bad as what its made out to be.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote