View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Puck
Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
I don't think I was posting there then, but admittedly I was a cheerleader for the war back in 2003. It didn't take me long to fall off that bandwagon though, although I should have done me due diligence and never gotten on in the first place.
Don't feel bad, I think it was a really difficult time to get good information on commercial media, most were being flag waivers (the safe route). I had already had the experience of going along with the first Iraq War (the good one I guess) but had still got a bad taste on the huge disinformation machine (learned to keep my guard up). By 2003, I had a more diversified portfolio of news sources and wasn't eating commercial versions of news anymore.

It is difficult trying to stay well-informed. The internet is going the pay route too now. Eventually there might be 2 types of citizens, those who pay for good advice and informed content and those who get the cheap free stuff from biased partisan pundits on free commercial media. Sad really. (even Google news is turning crap, I think the big commercial outlets know how to game the Google algorithms and get their stuff out on top). You really have to try to go outside the box to get good info.

Puck is offline   Reply With Quote