View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 04:47 PM
actionjackson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
When you have the amount of defensive zone time and shots against that the Oilers allow, this is what happens no matter what goalie is in net. If Dubnyk was facing 27 shots per game instead of 35, all of a sudden he looks great.

What the Oilers need is to upgrade on defense. Everyone is playing at 1-2 spots higher than their skill level dictates. It is among the worst d-corps in the whole league and so selling the farm for a new goalie makes little sense. You'll end up looking like Philly.
I want to agree with this as I am a Dubnyk supporter and I believe it is much easier to focus when the puck isn't constantly in scoring position. I think almost any goalie in the league would look great in Boston.

Thomas looked amazing there...do you really think his last three years of playing would have looked as good in Edmonton?

Or would his confidence have been rattled, his frustrations mounted, his attitude shifted...pretty tough situation to guage when you look at the comparative limo ride that playing behind Chara must be!

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote