Thread: Confirmed with Link: Travis Ewanyk Signed to 3-Year ELC
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 04:24 PM
monkeywrench

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00se View Post
That's not the point. Guys who don't score in juniors definetly won't score in the NHL. And you ahve to have SOME semblance of scoring to play in the NHL. I just don't see him being able to play a regular shift in the NHL and contribute. Guys who scored similar rates to him in their junior careers and played in the NHL are limited to Hordichuk, Boogaard, Moen and Matt Kassian. If he turns into Moen that's awesome. But chances are he'll be a hard working 3rd liner in OKC for 3 years then not resigned and we will have wasted a contract spot on him.

As noted above his contract spot is better used on Gernat, Bigos or Reider.
He is a lot better of a player then the ones you mention that I have high lighted. H emost likely will turn into a Meon typer of player but a better skater. He is the type of player you want in on your team when it comes to playoff time. He also plays against the other teams best lines that is why he doesnt score as much as you would hope him to.
People have to remember that the Oil Kings are a stacked team and because of that he doesnt get as much ice time or PP time. If he was on any other team he would be for certain a second line center and getting that regular shift on the PP and more faceoffs down in the offensive zone.

Ewanyk is by far a better prospect than Bigos. Bigos is mean and everything, but I believe he will be to slow for the NHL.

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote