View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Wow... Thanks for exaggerating everything and blowing this way out of proportion. I'm pretty sure this Gallagher guy is not getting criticized around here. He's 5'8, is in no way a fighter, and doesn't put 85 points a year at this point. Same thing about this Koivu guy, who got a standing ovation as a Duck player when he came back to the Bell Centre. I don't think people here were that critical of him.
Tons of Habs fans wanted to chase Koivu out of town for the sin of being under 6' tall. Much of the same things we hear about Plekanec and Desharnais now I heard about Koivu. I'm sure if the internet exsited in the 80's HIO commentators would have been calling for the Habs to trade that smurf Naslund for yet another enforcer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
30 games clearly indicates that this team is for real and that we found the winning recipe.
Get real. Stop being obnoxious. This team still has a lot to prove. And we clearly don't have the best recipe as of now. If you think we do, you're the most overreacting, obnoxious and overproud fan I've ever seen.
The team should be looking to improve. Every team should be looking to improve, but there's no magic formula despite a vocal minority of posters here acting like the Bruins are the only relevant team. We should be looking for upgrades in every position, but size and fighting ability are just one factor, and the last thing we need is to overpay just so fans don't have to feel bad that their team are called smurfs by Bruins fans.