View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Tons of Habs fans wanted to chase Koivu out of town for the sin of being under 6' tall. Much of the same things we hear about Plekanec and Desharnais now I heard about Koivu. I'm sure if the internet exsited in the 80's HIO commentators would have been calling for the Habs to trade that smurf Naslund for yet another enforcer.

The team should be looking to improve. Every team should be looking to improve, but there's no magic formula despite a vocal minority of posters here acting like the Bruins are the only relevant team. We should be looking for upgrades in every position, but size and fighting ability are just one factor, and the last thing we need is to overpay just so fans don't have to feel bad that their team are called smurfs by Bruins fans.
What I'm saying is that ignoring the fact that this team could use better size and more sandpaper because we're having a good start is obnoxious and idiotic. It's being short-sighted.

And it's not about following the Bruins recipe. It's about finding a good balance between size, toughness, defense, offense and skills. And I don't quite feel we're right there yet.

I know... Silly me. I should not express my opinion on the matter on a hockey board.