View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
We can only hope since no NHL team has won a cup with the so many sub-5'10'' players playing big minutes unless we date back to a different era where everyone was smaller. We need a mix, which is what almost every team that end up winning the cup have.

Currently, half the top 6 are players that take A LOT of physical damage/thrown around. Two in the top six that take some damage occasionally but have enough size/strength to not be affected by it too much. One in the top 6 that can dish out damage to opposition D and take damage from most D without being knocked down/etc. Indeed, Clowe has zero goals this season and struggling much like most of the Skarks outside of that hot start to the season, yet, he adds an element to our top 6 no one gives. Balance is the common factor among the cup winners. Habs are lacking it in size and grit. I'm sure Bergevin sees it too as his first big move was 'overpaying' for Prust.
I definitely agree with you, but I'm not sure that dead-weight Ryane Clowe in our top 6 is the answer right now. We do need a mix and I suspect Bergevin will add a player in the Clowe mold (if not Clowe himself) at the deadline, but the fact remains that we are pulling off what people never said we could right now - put together a winning team with so many small players.

I'm not taking anything for granted, and I hope we keep it going. Our team has heart, and for being such an intangibles-driven sport, many often (not directing that at you here) seem to overlook that.