Thread: Confirmed with Link: Travis Ewanyk Signed to 3-Year ELC
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 04:51 PM
monkeywrench

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sure, but why take the risk that he doesn't. If the guy is at best a 4th liner why even take that risk? Why not trade that pick for Mike Brown?

The fact is if he wasn't an Oil King he would've fell in the draft, instead we drafted him and will give him every chance in the world to make this team whether he deserves it or not.

My other issue is it's one thing to be able to throw some kids around and shut them down, what's he going to do with men that are on equal or greater strength then him?
I can guarentee you that two other teams were going to take him in the 3rd round.

I don't deny he has speed and can skate circles around any of the guys I listed. I'm only going by his scoring and he just hasn't ever shown he can contribute. And yes I realize scoring isn't everything, but it is the most important thing by a country mile. And you have to admit that you must have some scoring to be able to play in the NHL. Unless he just isn't showing his offensive prowess I just don't see it happening.

But again, I hope I'm wrong, I would love for him to turn into a hard hitting 55% FO centre who can pot 15 goals and 15 assists. I'm just not betting on that happening.

I agree with you in that and I see him as consent 15-20 point guy in the NHL. Call me crazy but he is the kind of guy you can throw out in the pp and let him sit in front of the net. He will be a useful guy just not the biggest point producer

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote