View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 04:56 PM
axecrew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
As a Canucks fan, I am really hoping we can gain control of a franchise in Abby. As I live close by Abbotsford.

Its really a failure, the only time they draw anything half decent is when the Wolves (or prior Moose) came to town.

I think the taxpayers in Abby aren't to happy about continuing to pour money into the thing, and the government has changed since the agreement to bring the team in was made, I'm pretty sure the new government isn't too thrilled about the situation either.

There seem to be alot of possibilities. Maybe the Flames take Chicago if St.Louis sticks it out in Peoria, although from there POV, I would think Chicago would be of interest to them seeing as it is one of the better franchises in the AHL, and they wouldn't have to own it.

That's really the issue for us, we want to own the team so the prospects can get more opportunity, aswell as being close, getting used to tough travel, and it being a good draw for fans in the lower mainland.

What prospects? Connauton who has regressed to the point of being terrible. Schneider,Rodin who can't stay healthy...who do you really honestly consider a prospect that isn't playing in Chicago?